Church Bookkeeper- (part-time)
The First United Methodist Church of Ontario is seeking a Church Bookkeeper (part-time)
Keeps the books and financial records for the church, assisting the Treasurer and Finance Chair.
Responsibilities of the Position:
• Available at beginning of the week when counting of contributions occurs.
• Prepares weekly Cash Receipts Summary reports from information provided by Counters.
• Available during banking hours to deposit weekly Cash Receipts accompanied by one of the
• Posts contributions and other cash receipts in Power Church.
• Prepares checks for accounts payable and payroll when due and obtains authorized signatures;
Expenditures will be prior approved by a Finance Committee member
• Posts payments to Power Church.
• Maintains payroll register and Money Market detailed spread sheet.
• Prepares monthly Financial Statements
• Makes Federal and State payroll tax deposits on time. Prepares and timely files Quarterly and
Annual Payroll Reports
• Works with the Finance Chair, Trustee Chair, and Treasurer in managing the finances of the
church. Follows the guidelines established by the committee on finance for total fiduciary
responsibility. This includes maintaining compliance with all applicable governmental tax
• Works with Trustees to manage repairs.
16 hours a week/$19/hr.
Send resume to email@example.com